Over the last few years, the tools people and businesses use around the web have changed by a huge degree. Now, instead of downloading software to use, a lot of people prefer to use in-browser tools, downloading their files as they need them. Of course, though, you’ll need some IT help if you can be helped entirely.
Being made by Microsoft, you can trust the heritage Office 365 has, and this can often be a great thing with software. With all of their years working with collaboration tools, they are probably the world’s leading experts in them. Of course, though, time doesn’t do everything, and a lot of people have issues with this service. Microsoft 365 Business is incredibly popular. But, along with this, it also has a lot of negative reviews across the web.
- Support: The biggest part of Office 365 which benefits companies is the support they get for it. With 24/7 phone line technical options, this service is one of the best out there when it comes to keeping you online.
- Documentation: Along with providing great support, Microsoft has also managed to create a lot of great documentation for their products. This makes it easy to find fixes for any bugs you might have. Of course, though, the support makes this a little redundant.
- Price: Being part of Microsoft’s line-up, you can’t expect Office 365 to be cheap. Even though it doesn’t cost a fortune to run this service, it might work out to more than what you’d pay with a competitor.
- Complexity: Along with being a little pricier than the other options out there, Office 365 can also be a challenge to get working. Designed for engineers to use, the backend of this service can be very confusing.
Though they haven’t been in the game for quite as long, Google still have loads of experience when it comes to working with online documents. As a personal user, you’ve probably seen Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, and may use them in normal life. G Suit includes all of these tools, along with some ways to make working life easier.
- Price: In a lot of cases, small businesses will be able to use G suite almost entirely free, making it perfect when you’re trying to save. For bigger companies, Google’s pricing is very fair here, and is one of the lowest around for functional VR.
- Integration: When you use a service like this, the tools and features you have access to will be exactly the same as what you’re used to using at home. Your email will come through Gmail, and your conversations through Hangouts, making it easy to use all of the tools it comes with.
- Support: Google are notoriously hard to get in touch with over the phone. Instead, live chat and email options are the most common, and this might not work for your company. It’s always worth researching the support you’re going to get before you buy.
- Web Only: Along with lacking detailed support, a lot of users will find that G Suite suffers because it’s software is purely online. While lowering the costs of their production, it also makes it harder for some customers to use the services they’ve paid for.
Hopefully, this post will inspire you to start working harder on the time you put into your company’s Office software. Though it may seem boring from the outside, this software can have a huge amount of power. So, to make sure you’re not missing out, it’s worth doing some research to see what you can find.