Chatting with business owners both within my town community and online I have been amazed at the amount of small businesses that do not yet have a web site.
I can understand some of their reasons:
- Too expensive,
- No idea what to put on the web site,
- No technical experience,
- Don’t need it.
What I would like to do in this post is provide 5 core reasons why your business needs a web site.
- Visibility. More and more people are now using the Internet to search for products and services. What they are looking for is reviews, articles and discussion related to the product. By having a web site you can provide product comparisons and testimonials of happy customers that will show up in search results.
- Reach. A web site gives you far more reach for your business both nationally and internationally. If your business is not just for servicing the local community having a web site is by far the most effective way to get your name out there.
- Customer Service. A web site is open 24×7 which can help with customer support queries such as product manuals, FAQ’s, updates etc… This can reduce your customer service effort especially when your staff can point customers to the web site for information thus freeing up email and phones.
- Professionalism. I have talked with people who, after finding out a business does not have a web site, decided to go with the competition. A business web site in today’s market is expected by most people just as much as a business card.
- KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). A web site does not have to cost $1000’s of dollars to build. A web site can be as simple as couple of web pages listing what your business is about and contact details. You can always grow from there. The key thing is to shop around both locally and nationally and get quotes as you will be amazed at the difference some contractors charged.
Recommended Further Reading
Tips for Engaging a Contractor to Build Your Web Site – click here to read…
Do you have any advice?