Internet security expert McAfee has launched a guide to help people learn more about the threats they face online. The Ultimate Guide To Security Threats aims to fill in the gaps in knowledge many web users have about the very real risks involved in spending more time and money online.
Every business owner wants to protect their business from external threats. This is an understandable desire, but how can it actually be done? There are some essential things that you will simply have to do, and here they are.
Ransom is an ugly word. It conjures up images of violent kidnappings, dark basement rooms, and cut-and-pasted letters demanding financial compensation. Most Americans are fortunate enough not to come face-to-face with real-life kidnappers in their daily lives, but kidnapping is a sad fact of life in many parts of the world. Goodness knows how many […]
Whether you’re a brick-and-mortar operation or an online-only business, protecting yourself from crime can be challenging. In a world of increasingly sophisticated cyber-attacks, it’s vital to be up-to-date on the latest scams and digital theft techniques. Though it’s impossible to be perfectly prepared, there’s a lot you can do to make a thief or hacker’s […]
Hackers can cause serious issues for a workplace and the issues they present are more dangerous than ever before. So, how do you ensure your business has it right when it comes to protecting itself from the wrongs that hackers do – we take a closer look.
If you own or run an e-commerce site, take a few extra minutes before declaring that yes, of course your website is prepared for this holiday seasons’ influx of online shopping. During this time of the year, people all over the world are shopping for gifts for their loved ones. Due to the nature of […]
You wouldn’t just hand over your books to anybody on Craigslist who claims to have ‘experience with accounting’ would you? Of course not! Why, then, would you trust a security, networking or communications company simply because they have a website? The answer, of course, is that you wouldn’t. You would make sure that any company […]
One of the reasons that the Apple operating system was perceived to be so safe throughout the late nineties and early 2000s is that the user base was relatively low. The use was also limited to professional settings, so there wasn’t likely to be much more than a work email address from a Mac user.
New technology initiatives such as cloud computing, mobility and BYOD are designed to reduce cost of business however the security sector sees a widening gap between the ever growing complexity of connected devices and the ability of the security team to secure the environment and quickly detect and resolve incidents within the business.
Many businesses spend 80% of their security budget on security controls that provide defences to protect the business from threats. The remaining 20% is spent on intrusion detection and mitigation strategies.
When you are running a website there are all kinds of different dangers a designer can run into. When you are running a website where you are attempting to sell your photographs there are rather distinct factors you are going to need to have to worry about. Hackers and malware are things that everyone on […]
No doubt you have read numerous articles warning you to have strong passwords and a different password for every account. For most people this advice is unrealistic since most of us have at least 20+ accounts all requiring a username and password – everything from online banking, social media profiles, online stores to paying for […]
The NZ Govt has released a new website for the NZ general public to help educate all on the importance of cyber security. A section for the SME sector will also be released soon which will provide templates for security policies and other tools.
Thieving employees can destroy a business that took years of blood-sweat-tears to create. Not only do the owners suffer but all the honest-harding staff possibly losing their jobs. This post provides some tips for helping to reduce employee theft.
More than ever its vital for every business to employ effective security policies and checklists for making sure systems are in order. Below are some checklist tips that should be of benefit to you focusing on Retail. I have created overall security checklists but for this post I have just provided additional retail focused ones.
In 2014 you will see a dramatic increase in media reporting IT security related breeches and more businesses data being held to ransom with variants of the Ransomware malware.