The benefit of regular (preferably weekly) team meetings should NEVER be overlooked. From a results-driven point of view through to team morale and a common purpose, these meetings can be pure gold for your business. Some businesses we come across don’t have regular meetings with their team. It’s just not something they’ve thought of, or […]
Tag Archives | Management
Take just a moment to think about how you spend your time at work. Do you work all the time you work? If the answer is yes, then you belong to the 7% destined to a life of wealth and success. But, if you like the remaining 93%, then you struggle to stay on task.
Effective performance management is essential to ensure that a business is operating efficiently and is on track in achieving strategic goals. Performance appraisals are a review of an employee’s performance against pre-determined objectives. They identify the strengths and weaknesses of an employee and address how to improve or develop these areas.
Process defines the approach to work execution in a business. A streamlined process provides speed, quality, and solid results. A convoluted process chews up resources and produces poor performance. In order to expedite results, processes need to be well defined. There are six components to a process. They are what, why, how, where, who, and […]
I recently read an article by someone I haven’t met, but have learned to respect, by what they’ve written before. This article had two spelling errors in it; well one spelling and one, the incorrect word used eg to, two, too.
Are you struggling to keep your business running, working 12 hour (or longer) days? Do feel harassed trying to motivate staff, pay bills, do sales calls, keeping your eye on the cashflow? Systems and procedures are virtually non existent, or if they happen it’s by default rather than by design.
I have already mentioned these two brilliant ideas on how to secure your first client(s) in my post “How do I leave my day job? The Pre-flight Checklist” but I thought they should also be within their own post for people who have already left their day job but needed some ideas for attracting clients.
Number of Buns Sold… The objective of every business owner should be to do as little managing and as much leading as possible. We think good leaders should be highly proactive. In some ways that shows they aren’t really leaders, but managers. What’s the difference?
How companies hire people is largely broken. We turned our hiring process into a quitting process. It works a lot better that way. We believe great people stay for what they GIVE and Industrial Age “employees” stay for what they GET. So we make them give a LOT before we hire them to ensure we […]
Why don’t we get off the treadmill? Because we’re asking the wrong question. When we do things, we are usually asking the obvious – “How do I do this?” It seems like a perfectly logical thing to ask. It’s the wrong question, but we’re too busy “doing things” to ask the right one.
The Financial Services Industry Exchange (F-SIX) organization (a networking group focused on bringing together LGBT professionals in Financial Services) recently invited its members to participate in a “Minute-to-Spin-it Recruiting Event” hosted by Thomas Reuters.
My role as an Industrial Psychologist is to study people in organizations, understand Power and Authority, Leadership, Group Dynamics, etc. To be effective, I need to read people and understand do they mean what they say.
Recently I was asked the question, “When did you know you were a woman entrepreneur?”
There is more involved in customer relations than simply making a sale or handling a complaint. If you seem to be having problems keeping customers, you more than likely need to work on improving your customer relationships.
Guiding Principles of a business are necessary (honesty, integrity, customer service, etc.), but there is another set of principles that help the Business Owner in particular – decision-making principles.
Pumpkin Patch is in decline. Several weeks ago they announced they would close 20 of 35 US stores in order to curtail further losses.