Promoting an e-commerce business online is one of the biggest challenges faced by entrepreneurs. Currently, driving an eCommerce business without a presence in social media such as blogs, professional networks, social networks, among others, becomes a competitive disadvantage because a large percentage of relationships between consumers and companies are created through this type of platform regardless of the size of the business.
Social media are an important part of a sales funnel (more on sales funnel). However, having a presence in social media does not mean creating a series of profiles of different networks with the sole purpose of promoting each of the products that are possessed, since doing so would be an inappropriate use of social media. The use of these technological resources must be done in order to share valuable information with customers where there is a more direct interaction with consumers that allows creating an environment in which customers feel so identified that when making a decision to buy, be inclined to the one that has provided sufficient support through these networks.
Based on the above, the social media used to promote e-commerce are effective and allow the positioning of the online business to be promoted, as long as these are used appropriately.
How is it possible to implement an effective e-commerce promotion strategy?
Because there are different options of social platforms to use in electronic commerce, the first thing to achieve success in these media is to define the target audience you want to reach in order to determine the electronic communication channels to be used and the strategy to implement in each of them. After choosing the right social media platforms, it is important to keep the following tips in mind when you start using these tools:
- Content is paramount. It is essential to produce a content strategy that involves a clear, useful, consistent and quality message, with regular and differentiated publications for each network. This strategy must have a suitable design, easy to use and attractive for the channels to be used.
- Seek to have interaction with customers, answering their questions and listening to their complaints with attention to offer a quick response. Great care must be taken in handling the issue of online reputation, complaints and controversies.
- Humanize the brand, especially in the area of customer service.
- Take advantage of the tools to know and understand the needs of customers. For e.g. you can use Offerer e-commerce software to integrate your online store with facebook which allows you to show your products from the store directly on Facebook fanpage.
In other words, achieving success in social media depends on the creativity with which the community is involved, for example, if your store is a business of technological products, the ideal is that through your social networks you create articles, tutorials and even videos with reviews and evaluations of new products that are on the market.
Importance of the use of social media in e-commerce promotion
Over the years, it has been shown that social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, among others, are an excellent promotional resource in e-commerce because they allow sharing different types of content, they work as channels of attention to the immediate client thereby increasing visibility or traffic to the online store. Additionally, using said means adequately provides the following benefits for any business:
- Exhibition: Exposure in social networks is one of the most important advantages at present, statistics show that at least 80% of people in the network have an account in a social network. This undoubtedly becomes vital if you want to reach a broad group of users economically.
- Potential sales: Social media provides an important source of sales by correctly positioning the product you can increase sales up to 100% with good marketing work.
- Low cost: As is known by many, reaching a large number of people through traditional media such as television and radio is a strong investment for a company, while through social media it is possible to reach a broader public by investing only 10% of what would be invested in traditional media.
Finally, it is important to emphasize that, according to statistical results, the most used social networks for the promotion of e-commerce are Twitter, especially in the electronic and software sector; LinkedIn to offer professional services and marketing, as well as Facebook and Pinterest that have a large number of users.