If you live close enough to your workplace, then walk to work because there are so many benefits of walking. Also, there’s benefits of parking the farthest away from the door to your workplace and then walking from there. With that said, here are some of the main benefits of walking and why you should start getting into the habit of doing it regularly.
- You get exercise. The great thing about walking is you can do it anytime. Feel free to do it in the morning or evening.
- Walking will help you feel less strained. In fact, some research finds that walking instead of driving can improve your ability to feel less strained and to have a better ability to focus. The same goes if you take up cycling.
- Walking lets you take in the scenery around you. You actually can look up at the sky and enjoy it. You can’t really do this while driving.
- You may have a work problem that needs to be solve. Walking may help you come up with a creative solution for that problem. In fact, some research shows that people do better on creative thinking tests when they walk.
- When you walk, then you become a good influence on others. Your coworkers or your partner may start get into the habit of walking or biking to work. This means they will be improving their health too.
- Walking doesn’t take long. You can easily walk for 45-60 minutes per day and that can cover about three miles. Simply listen to some music and your walks will go by fast. Purchase a good pair of trainers for walking – Softwalk shoes have gotten a name for being great shoes to get back into walking with.
- This form of exercise can reduce your risks of numerous health conditions. Cycling or walking to work has been associated with reducing the risk of diabetes. Not only that, but it can help you lower the risk of high blood pressure, which is associated with an array of health issues.
- It can reduce your chances of becoming obese. If your predisposed to obesity, then walking may help you. Ideally, you should walk for about an hour a day, and you should maintain a brisk pace. This is exactly why you should stop driving to work and why you should be walking there instead.
- It will help keep your body fat percentage low. Walking 10,000 steps daily is associated with lower body fat percentage, as well as weight among women who are between the ages of 50 and 70. If you want to walk 10,000 steps daily, or more than that, then consider walking to work instead of driving there.
- Walking can help you get into a good frame of mind, which is what you want when you head to work or leaving work. Some studies show that walking does a good job at reducing stress. So, if you want to have a positive mind frame, then start walking.
Are you convinced that you should start walking to work? You should be, and you should start doing it right away. The sooner you do, the sooner you can experience all the benefits that come along with it.