All websites or companies that want to succeed online need to make sure that their online reputation is protected.
If you appreciate the potential that the internet has, in being able to promote your business, then you definitely will know the importance of your online reputation management.
Each and every single negative comment, no matter how irrelevant you may think it is, has the potential to cause damage.
Tips on how to respond to an online reputation crisis:
- Don’t Bite – never waste time by getting into a back and forth argument online. Most of the time, negative words spread quickly and by fueling the argument you will only raise its profile, especially on the internet. Keep up with what is being said about your business and have strategies to respond quickly to diffuse issues.
- Validity – When an online reputation crisis hits, the first thing that needs to be done is an honest review of the situation. Is the negativity accurate or not, after you have gathered all the facts you will be able to take the appropriate action.
- Damage Control – Examine the depth of the damage that was made by the attack across all the main online social platforms.
- Know your Enemy – learn the identity of the complainant and attempt to determine their credibility. Are they genuine people with legitimate concerns or is it anti-competitor behaviour.
- Admit you Mistakes – If your company has made an error then own up and apologize. This will make your client realize that your company or business is trustworthy and honest. When making an apology take the opportunity to lay out the facts and take responsibility for your part. This will give your customers the correct picture.
- Be sincere – If you are taking the humble approach when mistakes are made, make sure the apology is sincere and from Management.
- Rebuild the Trust – Publish your discussion with the complainant, do not withhold information unless it is private and confidential. The story will be left incomplete if you do not respond to the negative feedback online. If your company has taken steps to correct the situation, then your customers should hear all about it, this will be helpful in rebuilding their trust.
One option if you need more advice is to get help from a dependable online reputation management company, like Mobilize Mail, to eliminate the negative feedback from the top positions of the search result pages.