How To Pick A Home Party Company To Join
These days working at home is a growing trend for several reasons. 1. Everyone needs more than one income and most families need 2-3 sources of cash flow! 2. Working at home saves tax dollars while you earn income. Basically it is 1 effort and 2 streams of income: commissions from your home business and reduction on your tax liabilities.
These days working at home is a growing trend for several reasons.
- Everyone needs more than one income and most families need 2-3 sources of cash flow!
- Working at home saves tax dollars while you earn income. Basically it is 1 effort and 2 streams of income: commissions from your home business and reduction on your tax liabilities.
How To Pick A Home Party Business
When considering a home business it is important to pick one that you will succeed in. The home party plan business model is considered relationship marketing at it’s finest.
In a time when everyone is in a hurry and customer service in the retail locations is lacking, the party plan model is thriving because of the relationship that consultants develop with their hostesses.
The primary lead generation system in a party plan business is the connections that tie us all together in life. A consultant initially leverages his or her connections and friends to start the business then meets the friend of those friends to generate future business.
Fun & Service Hand In Hand
Fun is the biggest commodity in the 21st century. The home party environment is more than a selling experience. It is a party. We all love parties!
The party, a gathering of friends having fun coupled with the one on one customer service is what makes the business model work so well. This compliments an online business creating an income from home that is hard to match.
How To Pick A Company
When picking your party plan company the most important thing is to do your research. Many people join a company in the heat of the moment when having fun at a party. While this is good for the consultant who is providing the show, it is not always the best thing for you as a new consultant.
A few things that you should consider before joining a company:
- What are your passions, hobbies or skills? Selling is basically simple but it is not always easy. It is important to have a passion for what you are selling.
- What is the company’s credentials? A “ground floor” opportunity is always promoted as a good thing but will the company be here next year? Be sure to research the back ground of the company’s financial stability.
- Ensure that your prospective company is not a pyramid scheme: While most direct sales companies are viable business models there is an occasional get rich quick scheme that just doesn’t deliver. If you are worried about the pyramid scheme then you may want to read more about how to tell what is a pyramid scheme.
- What kind of support will you receive? All good party plan companies provide training. Find out what you can expect and if the support is in the style of learning that you prefer.
- How much is start up and what do you get? The start up costs of most party plan companies is small. It can range from as low as $10 to closer to $2000. Generally you should expect to get enough product and business supplies to operate for the first 60-90 days.
- What is the commission? Actually, this can be a confusing topic because some companies pay 50% commission but your shows may only be $300-$500 while other companies pay 30% commission but the show average may be $1000. So, be sure to ask the right questions to give you the information you want which is really “how much will I make!”
- What is their internet policy? Even though the party plan business model is predominately and offline business it is important to be able to network online. Do you get a website and what are the social media policies are something that should be looked at carefully.
The party plan business model is going strong! It can be a part time income or a career change. The key is to do your research and be willing to put the time into creating your success!
Deb Bixler is a direct sales trainer who specializes in teaching wanna-be consultants how to start a home party plan business.