Striking a balance between work and personal time can be a constant struggle. There simply aren’t enough hours in a day to accomplish the things you want in your business let alone in other areas of your life – time with your family, time to relax, read a book, or do something just because it’s fun.
If your business dominates your life and you find yourself missing out on the things that really ARE important – ask yourself this question:
Do you have a business, or does your business have you?
- Do you spend too much time working IN your business and not enough working ON it?
- Are you up late at night or during the weekend catching up on admin?
- Can your business keep running successfully if you’re not there?
- Does your business get in the way of spending time with your family and the things you love to do?
- Does your business work for you … or do you work for your business?
What is a work/life balance anyway?
It’s really a misnomer. There is not your work, and then your life. There is just your life, of which work is a component. It’s how you fit that component into your life that makes the difference.
If this continues to be a challenge, you run the risk of becoming stale, exhausted and stressed out – no good for your business, no good for your family, and no good for you.
I’ll let you in on a secret – if you have a life with everything included (and nothing left out), you”ll turn your energy on its head. You’ll have a fresh approach, greater clarity and objectivity, you’ll feel inspired and accomplish more than you ever thought possible.
If you’re constantly struggling to strike a balance between your business and your personal life, perhaps it’s time to take back the reins and start really being THE BOSS.